Skip to content
- Necker Only (Full Uniform Not Required)
- Waterproof Jacket (With hood and taped seams)
- Waterproof Over Trousers
- Walking Boots which must provide proper ankle support
- Warm hat and gloves
- Warm jumper or fleece
- Trousers – not pure cotton or denim, shorts are not recommended.
- Rucksack – not string type shoulder straps
- Food – enough to be self sufficient for the event + emergency rations
- Water Bottle – Minimum 2 litres
- Torch and spare batteries (head torch recommended)
- Whistle – Rucksacks with built in emergency whistle are sufficient.
- Map – the map number(s) will be confirmed two weeks before the event
- Map case unless the map is laminated.
- Compass – Standard walking compass, fluid filled.
- Bivi Bag – 1000 gauge orange polythene survival bag OR blizzard pack
- KISU – Group Emergency Shelter, large enough for the entire party
- Small first aid kit – Including plasters, gauze and adhesive tape
- Hot flask – at least 1 litre
- 2 GPS enabled mobile phones – With fully charged batteries, credit and access to the internet. (Please install the free OS Locate and What3Words applications prior to the event)
- A yellow high vis vest for attracting attention or to be worn when walking along and/or crossing roads in the dark.
- Red flashing bike light or similar for rear of group when walking along roads in the dark.